Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Like a River


To record his original songs and to have an album is every singer songwriter's ultimate dream; and I was a singer songwriter who at that time (the 90's) felt that my dream was long overdue and I am running out of time.

For my desire I can sacrifice everything; so when I lost my job and felt both inspired and frustrated, I sold my most precious possession, the one with a ready buyer and with considerable price: my guitar. And I went to the City of Manila (Philippines) where recording studios and companies are located  and where musicians with "it" for original compositions reside.

One of my girlfriends told me that one thing she likes about me is my focus and my convincingly knowing what I want. She may be right, because when I set my mind into a goal, nothing can stop me from reaching that goal. Like nothing can stop me from going into a place where my heart is at. And like any ordinary person, when my heart is involved, I will do anything to be with the object of my affection.

And that is what exactly had happened to me. If happiness is the goal, Love is the source of utmost happiness, greater than any dream or desire. I fell in love and I was deviated from my plan; because love took my mind, my heart, my time, my dream.


Acting irrationally, with less care for any other things and even with uncertain future, with no one to turn to, and practically with nothing; I hanged on and stayed with The Object of my Affection.


As days passed by, I watched the dwindling of my minimal asset to survive in the city. But surviving was not my priority, for I couldn't help it, I was like a flowing river falling and longing for "My Ocean" and all other things are secondary and less important.


And one day, while I was riding in one of the trains of LRT (Light Rail Transit), still thinking of the predicament that I'm into, the Corey Hart's version of one of Elvis Presley's songs, Can't Help Falling in Love, was playing on the radio. And as I listen to the song, I noticed that the lyrics was exactly about an irrational person like me; who is a fool rushing in.


Today, whenever I look back at that time and whenever I hear or sing the song; I remember the feeling, I smile and in my mind I give myself a tap on the shoulder. For I realized that those days were the best days of my life. And I am joyful and so proud that there was a span of time in this lifetime of mine; when seemingly, I was overwhelmed by the beauty and wonders of the Supreme Person, who is the greatest lover and the source of love; and because of Him, I acted like a fool who rushes in for His love.



Please let me to share with you my own version of the song, 
this link will lead you to my site in My Space where I posted it..



No comments:

Post a Comment